Monday, July 17, 2006

are you only being nice because you want something?

First off, I just have to say again that I love the Thom Yorke album. I love his voice and I love the music, it's very cool. I've been listening to it over and over and over in the car and the house and in my head, and singing it in the pool and the shower. :-)

Pomatomus
There they are, all finished.
Pomatomus from Knitty in Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino. I think the color is P305.
Started #1: May 18. Finished #1: May 22.
Started #2: July 10. Finished #2: July 17. Hm. That's a long time between socks.
The only change I made was doing 2 pattern repeats on the leg instead of 3. This is a good thing, because I hardly had any yarn left over, so I would have run out if I hadn't changed it.

The first sock (left) was done on double points. The second sock (right) was done with magic loop on a big circular needle (two of my
dpns broke). I didn't particularly like knitting this way, and I think you can tell because the second sock really doesn't look very good. It's easy to see that it's a lot looser. Because of that, it's bigger than the first one:

Pomatomus

Pomatomus

It is okay, though, and they are both a bit baggy in the ankles. I'm going to wash them and see if it helps. I like the socks better on the arms, like
these. I will wear them anyway, I'm sure. Strangely, they are the first pair of socks I've ever knit for myself.

They are part of my
amazing lace set, so at least I can say that I finished something I was supposed to this summer.

This post has a lot of links in it, sorry.

One more thing, about the wool. I like it, but I don't really think I would want a lot of socks made out of it. I think that's because I want all my socks to be made from cashmere, though. :) I think it's just not very soft wool, or something. The Lorna's Laces seems a lot softer to me. I guess you're not supposed to have too soft wool, though, because they will wear more. I don't really know.

ALSO - I went to the Yarn Store in Tampa today, looking for a new set of Lantern Moon Rosewood double points. I wanted Rosewood because the ones that broke on me were ebony, and the other rosewood needles I have seem sturdier. They didn't have any at the store, but she called Lantern Moon for me to see if they would replace the needles, and they said they would! When I called Lantern Moon I told the lady that it was my fault that one broke, and the second one broke on its own, and could I pay for one of them. She said she'd just send me two new ones, all free! Such great service - it makes me like those needles even more.

Picture 7668

Cranberry & chocolate are getting to know each other. It's love at first sight - they will be married soon.