Monday, June 05, 2006

demi is complete!

Picture 671

This is Demi from Rowan Vintage Style, size medium. It fits really well.
The yarn is Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran, the yarn called for in the pattern, and I used Addi Turbos.
Started March 4, 2006, Finished June 5, 2006.
The only modification I made was to make the sleeves shorter.

This is the second sweater I've ever made. I used to not have enough patience for larger pieces, but I think that's getting better. It's worth it!

This sweater is very thick and warm, and heavy. I'll probably never get to wear it in Florida, but it will be good for the fall and winter in Virginia.

I think it would be really nice in a finer gauge yarn, too. Something soft and drapey would be really pretty and nice to wear to the office.

Demi

Demi

I didn't block it, but I think it could probably use a good blocking. I know you're supposed to do it before seaming, but I didn't want to.

Demi Buttons

I found some neat buttons at JoAnn's. They sort of go with the colours of the sweater.

Demi

This is the tubular bind off around the neckband. It looks alright, not as good as I thought it would. I think that with a smoother yarn it would be easier to see. I definitely like it better than a regular bind off.

Demi Neckband

Knitting the neckband! I could only find the short size 6 circular in my house, so I used some double points. It was pretty awkward, but it worked out okay.

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie, I found your blog through Google picture search, I love love love your Demi sweater! It's gorgeous, hopefully I will make one myself some day.

"Meems" said...

Love your sweater by the way... Did you use "darkside" color 414? or another one. I like the color yours looks, and darkside in person looks really black....