Wednesday, May 17, 2006

where i end and you begin

It's finished!

Dale Baby Sweater

This is a baby sweater from the Dale book #142, pattern #14208.
Dale Baby Ull and some pretty buttons from G-Street Fabrics
Started 5 May 2006, Finished 18 May 2006

I really like the Baby Ull and will definitely use it again for more baby stuff. This sweater turned out a bit too wide, so I guess my gauge wasn't quite right. I'm sure he'll be able to wear it, even if it is a little too big.

On Sunday I made some hand wound center pull balls:

Hand wound

Koigu and the Manos from the last post. For a nostepinne I used a huge bullet that was on our shelf at home. It was a bullet my dad got from an air show, so it was one that would have been shot from a plane. It worked great though! I was too busy watching Grey's Anatomy to take a picture of it. I'm sure I'll use it again, so next time I'm home (in July, sadness), I will take a good picture of it. It's a shame, because I only got to wind one skein of the Koigu. I'll have to find something else to use for the second skein.

I started the Pomatomus socks with the Koigu tonight. I like that stuff.

Emma said...

That sweater is too cute! And your yarn photo is great. I think I have that same Koigu; I'm using it for Gentleman's Fancy Socks. It's got some beautiful colors in it, for sure.