Monday, October 06, 2008

4 1/2 hour odessa

Yesterday morning I went to my closet and looked for something that would make a nice quick hat. I had a present to make and I didn't want to buy anything for it. I found this pretty purple merino that I bought in England three years ago. It was originally for socks for my mom, but it didn't go as far as I needed it to, so I ripped those out and the yarn cakes have been sitting in the stash ever since.

Odessa

Odessa by Grumperina
Jaeger Extra Fine Merino DK
50g = 137yds
Took just over one ball, but I bet if I had done one less round on the main pattern, I would have been able to do it with only one ball.
Size 4 needles for the ribbing and size 6 for the rest (I used my Lantern Moon dpns)
No beads this time, but I would like to try that one day.
Started & finished 5 October 2008

It's a really cute design and I hope this girl likes it.

merino