Friday, May 12, 2006

leaves and things

Some things I finished before I started this:

Backyard Leaves

Backyard Leaves from Scarf Style
Karabella Aurora 8 in the pretty green (not the one they suggest in the book)

(I want a sweater in this yarn, it's yummy)
Made in November 2005

Backyard Leaves close up

I loved making this scarf. I would love to make another one. Maybe in some of that overdyed Sundara yarn. I think slight color variation would be really pretty for this scarf; it would add to the leafiness.

Tiger Eyes

Tiger Eyes from Socks Socks Socks
Lornas Laces in Cranberry
I think I made these in January or February

Tiger Eyes

For Mom. She loved them.

Jake's Thuja Socks

Thuja Socks from Knitty for Jake
Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed
I made these at Christmas for Jake to wear to sleep. He lives in England where it's cold.

Rose Pillow

Rose Pillow from Vogue Knitting Holiday 2005
In Lion Brand Suede
For MOM for her birthday in January
The roses were fun to make, and pretty fast, too. I was going to make a smaller one in purple as well, but by the time I finished 25 of those roses I didn't want to make any more of them.

Jake's Hat 2

Jake's Hat
Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran & Felted Tweed (doubled up)
He picked out the yarn, told me what he wanted and I made up a pattern. He doesn't like wearing it, so I was very disappointed. edit: I apologize, Jake.

Nothing beats the original green hat. I will have a picture of that to put up soon.

Jakes Hat 2

This weekend I'm going home to VA, so I'm going to find some of my old old knitting and take some pictures just for fun.