Sunday, May 07, 2006

first day of school

I wanted to show Eunny that I made her stole. Here it is:

Print o' the Wave

Eunny's Print o' the Wave Stole
Jade Sapphire 2-ply Cashmere, about 900 yards
Size 4 needles
Started 28 March 2006, Finished 26 April 2006

Print o' the Wave at the beach

Print o' the Wave close up

Print o' the Wave join
The join.

newborn Print o' the Wave
Baby stole, when it was started.

This was a lot of fun to make. I wore it to my friends' wedding last weekend and it kept me warm on the beach (yeah, right) and in the air conditioned restaurant. It is such a pretty pattern, and was really fun to knit. This was my first lace piece (besides some socks), and it came out great. I can't wait to start the next one. I want to make the lead or follow scarf for my mom in light blue. It's simpler than the stole, so I will have to find a bigger lace project to work on sometime soon. I loved knitting the border around the middle part that was already done. I would love to make one of those huge shetland shawls, they must be really fun.

I am also working on Demi from Rowan Vintage Style and a baby cardigan from one of the Dale books. I really like the Baby Ull yarn. The fabric it makes is much nicer than the yarn in the ball. When there is more progress on the cardigan I'll put up some pictures.