Sunday, July 30, 2006

tasty jaywalkers

Picture 76925

Jaywalkers by Grumperina

Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock wool in Chocolate & Cranberry

Size 1 Ebony Lantern Moons, Size 0 Crystal Palace Bamboo dpns

July 19, 2006 - July 30, 2006

I made the cuffs with size 0 needles, because I found them to be too loose with size 1's (though I cast on with size 1's to keep the edge loose). I also made the legs a bit shorter (because I'm short!) and made the cuffs and heels solid brown.

Picture 76931

These socks are awesome. They fit really well and look cool. They are also not at all boring to make, so it didn't take long to make them. This is my second pair of socks I've ever made for myself, and I'm so happy to have them.

I also found this pretty spiral scarf, and want to make one someday. I wish I could read what she says on her blog. :-(

I guess it's back to the scarf and sweater. It was nice having a project that I didn't have to stare at a chart for, so I might find something else to start. I have a birthday present to make soon - I haven't figured out what yet, but I have a few ideas. Maybe more socks!