Thursday, July 20, 2006


The result of trying on the jaywalkers:

chocolate and cranberry

Yeah. I'll let that picture speak for itself.

First, I want to make the ribbing with size 0 needles, because it is just too loose compared to the rest of the sock. Basically, it was useless ribbing.

I made the larger size (84 sts/9 in), because I thought I had wide feet and ankles. Well, I measured my foot tonight and it's just a bit more than 8 inches. So it would be pretty stupid to knit a 9 inch sock, unless I was going for the now-in-style baggy look. That just doesn't work very well with socks, unless I want them to fall off while I'm wearing them. I read that the jaywalkers were a bit snug & narrow, but I didn't find that to be the case. I'm happy about one thing - my gauge was spot on. :)

So, I'm going to start over. Cast on with size 1's (because the edge is always too tight to get over the foot for some reason), then do the ribbing in 0's and the rest of the sock in the smaller size - 76 sts.

I'm glad I tried them on!