Thursday, July 10, 2008

baby blue bear

bear

Teddy Bear from Debbie Bliss' Simply Baby
Sublime Yarn Aran (cashmere, silk & merino)
size 4 addi turbos
started June 29, finished July 3, 2008

A friend of mine's sister had a baby in the end of June and I found this cute little bear pattern to make for the baby. I hope he likes it.

This thing is knitted in pieces - one for the head, two for the body, two arms, two legs, two ears and a snout. The directions don't tell you to sew the sides of the ears together, but that's what you do. Also, the snout looks better if you lose the cast on row when you sew it on. I had to sew it on twice to get it in the right spot and make it straight. Everything else is pretty straightforward.

I have had a request for a penguin, so that might show up next on here...maybe in another 6 months!

Erin said...

That is one of the cutest uses of garter stitch I have seen. Love the bear. And seriously, if you make a penguin I think I would die. Too cute!