Sunday, July 23, 2006

jaywalking on sunday

July 23 2006

Today was a gorgeous day. 90 degrees, humid, breezy and blue! Somehow I've gotten used to the weather here. I can't believe it. This is my view from the sofa:

July 23 2006

I spent most of the day on my jaywalker. I re-started it two nights ago and got to the heel last night. This morning I got up, got my starbucks, and sat and knit. And knit, and kept knitting. Here are some pictures.

jaywalker
leg

jaywalker
around the heel

jaywalker
finishing the toe

jaywalker

It fits perfectly! Not too small, not too big, the right length, etc. I wish I could have done a brown toe, but I wasn't sure I'd have enough for the second sock. If I do have enough, I'll re-do this toe to be all brown. I like the stripey toe, though, I might have to keep it. I like this pattern - I can see why so many people have knit them. It looks like most people used self-striping yarn, I would like to try that some time. For these I like having control over the stripes, and I like the heel and cuff to be solid. I also like breaking up the monotony with changing colors.

A side note - I wore my pomatomus today. Yes, mostly in the house, but I did manage to make it out to the store for food. I like how warm they kept my feet, especially in the freezing grocery store, but they are too big. The wool also made my leg a bit itchy. I don't think washing will help make them smaller, but it might make them softer. I like how they feel in shoes, they are nice and cozy. Next time I make ribby socks I will check the sizing better because these stretch out a lot.