Wednesday, July 05, 2006

home sweet home

First off, I LOVE this shawl. I love the color, I love the design. I want one. That will have to be my next lace project, and I will have to steal that color because I love it. She did an excellent job of it.

My brother's 21st birthday party was a lot of fun. Everyone had a great time and no one was too drunk, so I was happy.

mikey


mikey

There he is, with his new Excalibur pool stick one of his friends gave him.

nat & mikenat & mikemikey lauren & brianmikey & jenny

There are some more pictures of us. Mike and I in the top two, Mike and his friends bottom left, and the bottom right is his new girlfriend Jenny. She's a sweetheart.

It was a great trip, except for the way back. We sat on the plane near the runway, but not at the gate, for 3 hours. They played failure to launch, which I probably wouldn't have seen otherwise. There was no thunderstorm at Dulles and nothing at Tampa, but there was something in between. There was an awesome lightening storm near us once we were in the air. I couldn't get any good pictures of it though.

bored starbucks

Even my Starbucks was bored at the airport. This, of course, was before we boarded the plane, where all they had for us to eat for three hours were some really crunchy granola bars. Nevermind.

I did do some knitting during all that waiting. The sweater is slowly growing.

ribby

I already miss my friends and my house and my parents and mikey. August will come fast and I'll be up there again before I know it. Sure.

ps sorry for the mostly non-knitting content tonight. I just had to share the pictures of my mikey. :-)