Thursday, June 22, 2006

happy birthday to me

Well, I am officially 23 as of 3 minutes ago. Already I can't remember how old I am and when people ask me I have to think about it for a minute. The scary thing is that 23 isn't old at all. Most of my friends are in their 30s & 50s (yes, I do have some in their 20's, but strangely, none in their 40s). Can you tell that most of my friends are people I work with? It's great though, because I love them all and would do anything for any one of them. They're my family. (I do have a real family, and I love them, too.)

I got to have Marble Slab tonight. Vanilla with oreos..yummmmmmmmmm. It's been so long since I've had ice cream, though, I almost fell asleep from it on the way home. Most people my age go drinking for their birthdays, but I go out for sugar. :-) I was so excited about my mocha valencia from starbucks this afternoon; I haven't had one for ages. I couldn't drink it though, it was too sweet. Such sadness.

A big part of my life has changed this past year, so this next year will be quite different. I've definitely realized that life is what you make of it and I really believe that now (when I was younger I was pretty sure there was nothing I could do about it and things just happened however they happened). I always try to make other people happy, but if I wasn't happy then I wouldn't do anything about it, but then it always just got worse. So, this life is mine, too, so I'm going to live it.

Since hardly anyone reads this I figured I would just write whatever I felt like. It's my birthday!

José said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! My 25th is coming very very soon, thats a scary 1 i can tell ya! ;) Awesome Ball Winder by the way.