Tuesday, June 27, 2006

one of my friends is a ball winder

Since I apparently have the attention span of a 5 year old, I decided to make a really big yarn cake tonight, instead of knitting the sweater that the yarn is for.

Picture 757

I russian joined 4 (maybe 5, I can't remember) balls of the baby cashmere, and then used my new
friend the ball winder to make a really big ball. Those little balls are only 25g, so they don't go very far. I wanted to get ready for my trip, so I made enough of a ball to last the whole weekend. (I'm sure I won't have very much time to sit around at home and knit, so it should be plenty.)

I managed to knit about 4 rows of the sweater, and 2 or 3 rows of the
lead or follow scarf tonight. I don't know why, but I can't seem to be really bothered with either of these. Maybe I just don't like them enough, but I don't think that's it. I'll get there one day.

Picture 7431

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, nice yarn! I am pea green with envy.

And happy belated birthday!