Wednesday, June 28, 2006

lax

Tonight I have been thinking about how much slacking I have really been doing lately. This has been on my mind for the last few weeks.

Here comes the list:

I have one
Pomatomus sock done, the other one hasn't been started (though I did wind the yarn for it to break in the ball winder and swift). I have about six or something inches of the lead or follow scarf done, though I started it over a month ago. I have this sweater that I am more interested in joining all the yarn together and making a huge yarn cake out of, than actually knitting it. I have a REALLY old scarf that is nearly finished (it's not that old, even though it was supposed to be a Christmas present, but it's all relative). I have a bunch of felted tweed for Salina, though I haven't gotten past swatching for it. I have some pretty green cotton for a baby sweater (the shower is in three weeks, so she'll probably just get the blue cardigan for now), that hasn't been started and I have no real ideas of what kind of pattern to make with it.

I would call this slacking. I don't really have a "stash", at least nothing to speak of, but I somehow ended up with a bunch of unfinished/not started projects.

What is it with the slackness?

I have read on some other people's blogs about being slack and maybe it's the summer, etc. I don't think it's the summer, really. I guess for me it always has to do with inspiration and the excitement of a new project or really nice yarn. I felt like this with
backyard leaves. I absolutely loved the yarn and the pattern, and I couldn't put it down until it was finished. I still want to find something else to make with Aurora 8 - I love it!

Yeah, but I'm not using Aurora 8 right now. I actually really like the fabric the elann baby cashmere is making. The yarn isn't the nicest to knit with, but the resulting fabric is gorgeous. I guess the best thing is just to keep going and maybe it will become more exciting.

Hey - at least this post was about knitting. That's an improvement lately.

p.s. Happy Birthday to my brother (who definitely does not read this and doesn't even know it exists) who is 21 today!

José said...

Slacking ... well it's just the way it goes for most of us from time to time. For me i do tend to enjoy knitting more in winter, becuase it gives me an excuse to knit really big fast woolly cardy's etc :)
Englands been soo hot recently as well, with no air or rain to cool, so your fingers and needles just get sweaty .. (that's my excuss for now! hehe)

My BIG 25th B.Day will be .... 25th August!

José said...

p.s ... i just saw that my spelling is terrible ... sorry!