Thursday, June 29, 2006

the big switch

the big switch

I can't take it anymore. Those fancy pants bamboo needles are driving me crazy.

addis

Look at that gap where the wood joins the metal. It's a ravine! I tried to sandpaper it down a bit, but that did nothing except scratch the metal. Also, this wool doesn't slide very well on the wood, and is quite annoying. It's much better on the turbos. I do like the naturas for my lacy scarf, despite the gap. I don't know how I would make a huge shawl on those bamboo needles. Maybe more sandpaper would help.

I have spent a lot of money on knitting needles. My favorites are the turbos, like most people, but I can't stand them for lace. I would like to try some lantern moon circulars. They are so expensive, but I'm sure it would be worth it. I love the double points that I have.

Tonight I organized my yarn. I'm happy to say that it all fits in an Ann Taylor shopping bag. I don't want to have a closet full of wool. I hate the idea of having more yarn than I can use in my lifetime.

There was a sock that I had started right after Christmas. I bought two balls of yarn for the pair, and used up the first ball by the time I got to the heel of the first sock. Since I bought the yarn in England, I decided I should just scrap the socks and use it for something else. So, I had some more fun with the ball winder!

Picture 7433

Picture 7432