Wednesday, June 14, 2006

so slow

Not much progress on the sweater. After last weekend's marathon finishing demi, it's been hard to get back into it. This is all I got out of the first 25g ball.

Ribbed Lace Pullover

Russian Join

Then there's the Russian Join. I have never done this before, but it seems like it worked pretty well. There are a few sticky out pieces, but it's been knit and you can't see it at all. I'm going to use this as much as possible, because i'd much rather do that than have to sew in ends. I also like the idea of my sweater being made from a single unbroken strand of yarn (even though in reality it will be about 22 balls).

I have decided what I want for my birthday and just bought it! The
Ashford Umbrella Swift and the standard ball winder. When I get it, I'm going to join a bunch of the baby cashmere balls together and make a bigger ball so I don't have to stop so often. I still like winding balls by hand, but I don't know if I ever will after I get these presents. :-D