Monday, August 28, 2006

these are o.r. scrubs. oh, are they?

Satin Coat, Versace, $2143. I should take my mom's advice and marry a doctor. There were a few comments about that coat - yes, it's way too expensive, and yes I love it. I would almost spend my savings for that coat, that's pretty bad. It's my favorite color, too.

Anyway, enough about that. I have been working on my forever unfinished sweater. I was a wondering if it was going to be the right size, and I couldn't tell if it was too big or too small, but it seems to be just right.

Picture 77231

I am getting near the last repeat of the pattern. Then there are just a bunch of eyelets and ribbing to the collar. I hope that part of it goes faster. Knitting cables and ribbing on size 2 needles seems like it's taking forever. It looks pretty, though. It will be nice when it's finished.

I got a lot done while I watched Rusmore on Sunday afternoon. Rushmore is one of my favorite movies - it brings back lots of memories. When I was 15, I went to see it with all of my friends and they all hated it and I was in heaven because it's awesome. It also has Luke Wilson in it and he's pretty yummy.

The poor sock has been abandoned for now. It has been left to the size of my bed, waiting to be ripped. I figured out what I'm going to do about the heel - I'll do what
Cara did here, make a regular heel flap, just backwards. It should make it a bit less plain and hopefully fit better. I think I'll leave the rest of the sock in plain stockinette, the colors make a nice enough pattern.

Picture 77234

I haven't done much knitting this weekend. My mom's in town for the week, so I've spent a lot of time with her. It's so nice to see my mommy everyday, especially at night before bed. It makes me really happy. She's also been feeding me - I haven't had Cheerios once for dinner since she's been here. She bought me some sleepy vitamins to help me sleep better, too. I love my mommy.

Since this post is about all kinds of crap, there's one more thing. I bought Push Barman to Open Old Wounds by Belle & Sebastian. It's a collection of songs from different EPs they did. I have some of the EPs already, so disc 1 is pretty useless, but I don't have any of the songs from disc 2, so it's like getting a new B&S cd. It's very cool. I'm pretty sure that mostly no one that will read this will know what I'm talking about, but that's okay.