Tuesday, August 08, 2006

whatever makes you happy

Some things I love about Virginia:

Picture 77000
Leo
Picture 77008
My most favorite road - along with clouds!
Picture 77016
We can't get caribou down here in Florida, and it makes us very sad. :-(

I also went to the yarn store and found some pretty sock yarn. I have to find a pattern for it, maybe these or these, though I'm probably going to find a different yarn to use for those second ones. They need a more solid colored yarn to show the holes better.

This is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Purple Iris. I think that brown bit on the top left is supposed to represent the dead leaves or something, I'm not quite sure. It is still a pretty color combination. I found some light blue stuff that I wanted to get, but they only had one skein - such sadness.

Picture 76980

The shawl is finished - this is a picture before I knit the edging. It doesn't seem to be as big as I wanted it to be, but I think it will grow quite a bit when I block it. It will also look like a shawl and not a gigantic purple egg carton.

Picture 76977