Tuesday, January 16, 2007

6944 stitches for 2 1/4 inches. What the hell am I thinking?

baby cables

I'm certainly not complaining. I got myself into this, and for some reason it seems to be so much more work than the first little cardigan I made. Maybe I am just faster at lace than cables. Or maybe I just like lace better. I have no idea, and it really doesn't matter.

This is really just a poor excuse for a progress report. This is the only thing I've been working on, and I'm starting to think I should work on my melon shawl more instead - it seems to grow at a more rapid pace. I am afraid if I do that then I will never finish this little thing and the boy will be 10 years old and it will fit on his little sister's doll or something. (Of course he has no little sister right now, this is all made up, and I seriously doubt it will take me 9 1/2 years to finish a little baby sweater. So we hope.)

All I want to do right now is eat some chocolate - it has been two weeks since my last chocolate and I've got to last another two weeks. Some stupid thing my friends and I are doing - no sweets for all of January. But there is no prize at the end and no punishment for failing, so it is hard to explain why we are doing it. I think that my body is enjoying the break from all the torture it usually gets, as I am completely addicted to chocolate and sugar in general. I have been looking forward to oreos and ovaltine in February, definitely. :)

spajonas said...

that's some pretty small gauge for a baby sweater! good luck :)

my only excuse for having some chocolate everyday is that i'm pregnant. it's gonna be a hard habit to break once the peanut is born!

Anonymous said...

First, your sweater start is lovely. Totally worth the pain of that many stitches but that is just me and I am a little crazy like that. Second, are you crazy? No chocolate. I don't think I could last a week--but good for you.