Sunday, October 08, 2006

nice day for a sulk

The body of the sweater is done to the place where the arms are attached. So I started an arm:

Picture 77350

This is the third try. First one was too small, then on the second one I realized that I didn't like the cast-on. So I ripped them both and started this one with a provisional cast-on. I'm going to make a hem, but I want the fabric to just fold in without different stitches on the edge, like this:

Picture 77368

The cream cashmere will be in the inside of the hems. I can't wait to do that part, but I'm saving it for last. Once the sleeves are done, this sweater will be a lot more fun. I can't wait to make the shaping and saddles on the top. I have something I want to wear this to in two weeks, so that's my target finish date. We'll see if that really happens. Maybe in two weeks it might be cooler outside and I can actually wear this outside instead of only inside.

This morning I went for a walk to Starbucks and it was cool enough that I walked up the hill and didn't break a sweat. By the time I was walking back it was warming up and getting uncomfortable. I can't wait to go home to Virginia and see the fall and wear a sweater outside!