Thursday, May 25, 2006

lacey

I started the Lead or Follow Scarf tonight. The yarn is Zephyr in Admiral, which has a bit more purple in it than the picture shows. It's got a nice sheen to it, but it's not as soft as I would like. I haven't tried washing it yet, but I bet that it will soften up a bit after blocking.

I used the backwards loop cast on, which is really great for this pattern. The cast on edge is pretty much invisible, and it matches up with the tension perfectly, so it will stretch nicely. I'm sure I'll have to try the blocking with string method, as the bottom edge is supposed to be straight across.

Lead or Follow Scarf

I haven't started the second pomatomus yet. I wanted to do something different for a little while first. Hopefully I don't wait too long to start it, or that poor first sock will be very lonely.

It's very hard to be motivated knitting warm things when the temperature outside is 89ยบ. My poor Demi is nearly finished, but it has been sitting in a bag since the end of March. I pretty much stopped knitting it once it started getting hot outside.

I need to remember this, and maybe it will be easier:

snowman